[nycphp-talk] What PHP tools are you using?

Chris Snyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Wed May 30 15:09:04 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Federico Ulfo <rainelemental at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> what tools do you use to develop in PHP? Are you using Jenkins with all the
> fancy plugins? And what about the IDE?

I've been using Zend Studio 5.5 -- the pre-Eclipse version -- since
forever. I've been documenting how to keep it running on OS X through
the many Java upgrades since Zend stopped supporting it.

I know it's crazy, but it offers the best fit to my way of working.

Netbeans is Plan B if ZDE finally stops working entirely.

If anyone from Zend happens to be reading this, please PLEASE consider
donating the source for ZDE 5.5 to public domain so that those few of
us who really love it could fix some annoying issues and bring it up
to date with current versions of PHP. Eclipse, though excellent, is
just not the same.

Chris Snyder
http://chxor.chxo.com/