[nycphp-talk] Functions instantiating from Classes

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 07:24:38 EST 2013

OOP Newbie question as I convert a crufty program to OOP

Class Person sets up various properties of a person. Classes B, C, and D
extend A in various ways for different roles people do.

What I ran into last night was trying to use a function outside of the
classes to instantiate objects. For example:

Function Z instantiates 3 objects of class B, one each object of class C.

Function Y instantiates one instance of class D and then runs Function Z
3 times, for a total of 16 objects.

Function X creates one object of Class D and then calls Function 7 3 times.

What I don't know, and couldn't clearly explain on ##php last night, is
how to have Functions X, Y, and Z be able to create objects from classes
B, C, and D.

Any help, or good pointers to tutorials? Should I even be using
functions? The goal is to create groups of objects based off group
membership guidelines.

If you're well and truly bored, the full code is at:

https://github.com/LeamHall/LHTraveller_Mercenary_Generator

Thanks!

Leam