[nycphp-talk] talk Digest, Vol 75, Issue 6

Nicholas Hart nhart at partsauthority.com
Wed Jan 23 07:22:25 EST 2013

Hi,

I recently moved our backup system to another location (about time!)
and am now getting high resend counts (10,000+ over a few hours) for
these transaction packets.  The source and target systems are
connecting over dedicated NICs on the Internet.  For security, there
are IP filters on these but I can easily take them off for testing.
Using mtr, I can determine that there is some packet loss between
locations but I am looking for a tool that will let me analyze by port
along with packet size if possible to let me know where the problem
actually lies.  We use FIOS in both of these locations so we are using
the Verizon network to send all of this data.  I am in touch with them
but am waiting - hopefully - to speak with one of the network techs.

Any info or suggestions welcome.  Thanks!

Nick