[nycphp-talk] The Diff Meetings

Anirudhsinh Zala arzala at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 00:19:13 EDT 2013

I would add following more

ORM
Apache/nginx/lighttpd

Thanks

Anirudh

On Tuesday 16 Jul 2013 10:38:57 AM Hans Z wrote:

Hello all,

I thought it prudent to pull topics from the git vs svn thread for planning out some future meetings.

Here's the recap:

There's always new technology on the web and some of it certainly could be considered wonderful, and some simply hype... of course, this pattern in technology (or anything really) is nothing new.

What if we compiled a list, added the pros/cons of each, and debated it out panel style at a meeting?

I'll happily seed the list: )

git / github
LESS/etc (compiled CSS)

AJAX

jQuery

Bootstrap (CSS frameworks)

noSQL
Cloud servers
RoR

nodeJS

Cloud development (online code editors/etc)

What am I forgetting? Oh right...

Responsive design :)

Previously, some topics such as OOP and MVC were introduced.  While these are certainly valid topics, and often deserve meetings of their own, I think we should focus purely on the new "hot topics" of late.

So, in the interest of getting some meetings planned:

-- any new/trendy topics to add to the list above?

-- anyone ready to talk about their preferred side of the diff?  Say... for instance, git vs svn ? :)

-- those who step-up, let's discuss and we can plan a couple of meetings for the fall.

Thanks,

Anirudhsinh Zala