[nycphp-talk] Browser detection

Federico Ulfo rainelemental at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 18:02:54 EDT 2013

yes, browser, apps, spider, mailer... you'll be surprise of how many user
agents exist, here there are listed just a few:
http://useragentstring.com/pages/useragentstring.php

browser detection is unreliable to identify one specific user agent in the
access_log, but makes sense when you have big data, because in that case
the noise is so small respect the data that you can obtain pretty much
"accurate" analytics.