[nycphp-talk] CentOS v Ubuntu

Ronald Bradford rb42list at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 13:28:04 EDT 2013

I see a lot of Ubuntu Server deployments for LAMP stack (probably more now
then RH/CentOS/).

As already asked, it's what you plan to run on the server that is more
important.  How to plan to install it (e.g. via source, or by package
management)?
RH/CentOS is very behind in many LAMP products and the associated
dependencies via package management, while Ubuntu is much more up to date.

Then you have to consider the skills. If you generally have RH skills in
house, then moving may serve little purpose from the admin side, however
there are only minor differences for experienced resources.