[nycphp-talk] App engine

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Sun Jun 23 19:37:05 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 02:25:31PM -0400, Chris Snyder wrote:

> Did you miss the news that Google App Engine supports PHP now? Because I
> did.

The Google I/O videos have a good one on running PHP and ends with an
example showing how easy it was to get Drupal running in GAE.

> Anyone tried this yet? Or have positive or negative reviews of App Engine
> based on experience using Java or Python?

Ive been playing with using Go rather than Java/Python on GAE. There are many
constraints but the integration with many of the Google APIs is nice. If
your app can work inside the constraints then the scaling and management
of your app is essentially automatically taken care of.

--
Aj.
FaceBook: facebook.com/ajaikhattri