[nycphp-talk] litespeed server

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Sat Mar 30 10:23:13 EDT 2013

I've used Litespeed a bunch in production.  It works well, but there is a
learning curve to use it properly.  For example, in the lsphp External App
in the Server config section, I had to add these environment vars to it to
get it to use one instance for APC:

LSAPI_CHILDREN=100
LSAPI_AVOID_FORK=1
LSAPI_SLOW_REQ_MSECS=30000
LSAPI_ACCEPT_NOTIFY=1

But I've moved on to nginx/php-fpm for new servers.  I used Litespeed
before that combo was available.

If the vps.net tech support is going to setup and manage it for you, then
maybe go with Litespeed if they are most comfortable with that.  Otherwise,
go with what you know best.