[nycphp-talk] CRM + Quickbooks Online

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Thu Oct 3 12:11:37 EDT 2013

I volunteer for a non-profit (Coastal Trails Coalition) who wants/needs to
marry CRM functionality with
Quickbooks Online data.

As the leading FOSS solutions, I'm thinking CiviCRM or SugarCRM would have
an available integration.  In fact, I know that CiviCRM can now be
integrated with WordPress, which would certainly handle both web presence
and CRM.  As far as specific solutions that couple CiviCRM with Quickbooks,
I find an integrations page at
http://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/display/CRM/Quickbooks+Integration which
only touches on theory and NOT any specific ability to integrate CiviCRM
and QuickBooks.  SugarCRM has an integration module
http://www.sugarforge.org/content/project-of-the-month/potm-11-2012.php that
I have not had the opportunity to review.

It's been a while since I played with either Sugar or Civi.  In the
interest of time, I'm wondering if anyone in the BostonPHP community has
done this type of integration and can speak from experience on the
availability of options, completeness of the solution, and especially the
best way to actually host if there are better choices than renting your own
VM (ie, is SugarOnDemand a viable option when you start to add custom
integrations?)

Thanks,

Greg Rundlett
founder