[nycphp-talk] CRM + Quickbooks Online

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Thu Oct 3 13:36:31 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Dan Horning <dan.horning at planetnoc.com>wrote:

> I have a number of times worked with this, what specific data are you
> actually trying to sync?

Well, all the current customers are in a spreadsheet, and QuickBooks
handles just financial transactions, so initially the goal is to
consolidate, de-dupe and setup QB as the master.  Then it would be an
export or integration to the CRM in a way that would let all volunteers
access or input information on contacts (including non-financial) without
having the spreadsheet maintainer be the bottleneck.  The catch there is
that the CRM has to be as powerful and simple as a spreadsheet for data
sorting, reporting, entry.  I "think" Civi or Sugar could work - but the
challenge for the organization would be to learn how to use the system.
 Otherwise, with a simple spreadsheet UI like DataTables
https://datatables.net/index and the php library you mention, a custom
solution would allow them to work in any manner they choose.

> some data is easy and other stuff is painful.
>
> here's a php library that rocks for all intuit stuff
> https://github.com/consolibyte/quickbooks-php
>
> I have been using this for deep and simple integrations with all levels of
> qb.
>

> hope this helps!

That rocks.  Updated 3 hours ago too, looking at their github page.