[nycphp-talk] mysql configuration peculiarity: it reads /etc/mysql/*.cnf

Ronald Bradford rb42list at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 16:36:41 EDT 2013

Curious, as somebody that's worked in MySQL in a while I have not
experienced this.
I wonder if it's a debian trait  (because FWIW !includedir is not standard
MySQL).

you can check what files are read, with the following command.

I have included the lines from a MySQL 5.6 CentOS 6.x rpm install binary.

$ mysqld --verbose --help

Default options are read from the following files in the given order:
/etc/my.cnf /etc/mysql/my.cnf /usr/etc/my.cnf ~/.my.cnf
The following groups are read: mysqld server mysqld-5.6