[nycphp-talk] Which MySQL API?

Jeff Slutz jeff at jeffslutz.com
Mon Feb 24 21:37:43 EST 2014

My company decided not to go with PDOs (in some cases they can lead to
unoptimizable queries) but definitely mysqli at this point-- regular MySQL
is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future.

JS

On Monday, February 24, 2014, Darryle Steplight
<dsteplight at gmail.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dsteplight at gmail.com');>>
wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>      You should be using some flavor of Prepared statements (PHP PDOs)
> of some sort. http://us3.php.net/manual/en/pdo.query.php
>
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm rewriting something after many years that uses the PHP mysql_query
> > procedural style API but it seems the various APIs have increased and
> > evolved.
> >
> > Which MySQL API is preferred for new conventional PHP MySQL projects and
> why?
> >
> > Currently my impression is that mysqli prepared statements are a good
> way to go.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > --
> > Michael B Allen