[nycphp-talk] Proper Form Processing Techniques

Bill Patterson bill.patterson1 at comcast.net
Sun May 18 14:23:41 EDT 2014

My favorite technique is to look at form processing as a set of
orthogonal descriptions.  In the case of a validating data entry form
the first description is the description of the form itself, which I
like in XML, and regardless you could use your own notation.  The second
description is orthogonal to the first and is the description of the
processes run against the form, data entry, data validation, data
submission, and, perhaps, information rendering.  (Unfortunately I know
of no non-proprietary sites to reference.)

Bill