[zendframework] Is ZF becoming too insanely complicated?

David Mintz david at davidmintz.org
Fri May 15 11:11:27 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Michael Hernandez <mhernandez at techally.com
> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 09:34 -0400, David Mintz wrote:
> > (Just wondering.)
> >
> > --
>
> [...]
>
> What's got you going crazy?

Well, the complexity. Maybe I am trying to hard to follow the official list.
Since 1.8 I see a bazillion messages with people confused about autoloading
this and bootstrapping that... I myself am just starting to play with a
multi-module app and Zend_Application in 1.8.1 and it took me considerable
research and tweaking to get it going.

As for Zend_Tool, rather than repeat myself:
http://www.nabble.com/current-state-of-Zend_Tool-and-modular-apps,-true-or-false--td23543397.htmlIn
short, the tool doesn't seem quite ready for every-day use.

I am still a huge fan. Many, many of its features are unbelievably cool. And
yes, it's true -- if you don't care for Zend_Whatever you don't necessarily
have to use it. I just hope it doesn't eventually collapse under its own
weight as it gets ever larger and more complicated.

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributary streams flow through the darkness