[zendframework] Is ZF becoming too insanely complicated?

David Mintz david at davidmintz.org
Fri May 15 12:21:28 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:16 PM, John Nunez <john at coolmacgames.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> As stated before I can't comment on Zend_Application but the Autoloader and
> Bootstrapping process are items that existed before Application was release.
> Zend_Application was developed for those that compare/complained that ZF was
> not like CakePHP or CodeIgnighter or any other MVC. Zend_Tool sounds great
> especially if you are just starting but it will take me too long to work it
> into my ZF Structure and then to train my team on using it. The best advice
> that I can give you is get your directory structure set and as well as your
> bootstrap file and then add on afterwards as you learn and need new modules.
>  Other than tweaking I rarely change my bootstrap or my directory structure.
>
> Note: Zend Framework has a couple of recommended Directory Structures but I
> feel like the one that I have is more that sufficient for my tasks and back
> when I developed it there were no recommendations.  Also when I say I
> developed I mean I put together through assistance from other developers,
> projects, etc.  If you want I can post and explain my current directory
> structure. It's guarantee not to work with Zend_Tool.

ZF  emphasizes that you can set up things your own way if you want. For me,
I think it's overkill to have a models dir in each module's tree. One
central models dir makes sense for me, where any module can get what it
needs and leave the rest.

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributary streams flow through the darkness