[zendframework] is it too complicated?

John Nunez john at coolmacgames.com
Wed Oct 3 12:05:52 EDT 2012

Hi David,

Yes it's because ZF1 is still getting bug fixes and patches but at a certain time it will cease. Currently I have a series ZF modules that we use for various types of projects and while I won't be making the jump to ZF2 in the near future, I am converting these modules in a separate branch and when I feel the team has had enough time with ZF2 we will make the switch. New Projects will be easy but existing projects will require time for the transtition.

The benefit of ZF2 is true modules. Meaning that a well written module can be moved from project to project will little adjustment to the backend. Also means they can be written and distributed. Someone has set up a site to track these modules but I can't find the link.

Rapid App Dev (aka scaffolding) is not part of the ZF2 release. I do see something developing out of the release of the ZF Tool 2.0

Thanks,
John Nunez