[zendframework] is it too complicated?

David Mintz david at davidmintz.org
Wed Sep 12 16:02:22 EDT 2012

I wonder how you guys weigh in on this question. ZF 2.0.0 is out and,
although I confess that I have only read a bit of the code in the sample
app, I can well understand why some people are complaining that it is *
really* complicated.

Too complicated? I know that's a subjective question whose answer depends
on what your background is -- skills and knowledge you bring to the table,
understanding of MVC and OOP and so forth -- and what you intend to use it
for. But I'm interested in hearing what you have to say.

FWIW, I have managed to live perfectly well without Dependency Injection.
How hard is it to use ZF2 without using DI?

Another question is, say you've built an app in ZF1. Try to migrate, or
leave it be? Again, I know the answer is "it depends," but I'm still
interested in hearing opinions.

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/