Opening Day at LWE

Hans Zaunere noreply at nyphp.org
Wed Jan 22 21:58:16 EST 2003

Today was the first day of exhibits at LinuxWorld Expo 2003, and although
they say the economy is weak, you wouldn't know it by attending the show.
The floor was packed with all the major IT companies (yes, even Microsoft),
and the crowd was thick from 10:00-5:00.

The UNILUG booth was a buzz of activity, and NYPHP was right in the middle of
things.  Thanks to all who stopped by today, and especially the staffers
behind the booth.  And of course a big thanks to Doron Gerstel, CEO, Zend
Technologies for fielding questions, and Sterling Hughes for the book raffle.

Tomorrow the show continues, and those who didn't get a chance to stop by
today are encouraged to do so tomorrow or Friday.  If you're interested in
staffing the UNILUG/NYPHP booth tomorrow, please contact me at
noreply at nyphp.org.  I will also be in and around the booth throughout the day
and Friday afternoon.

Thanks to Michael, Adam and Kayra for pictures.  If there are any other
pictures out there, let me know and we'll include them in the photo gallery
after the expo.

Special thanks to UNILUG for reserving the booth and letting NYPHP be a part
of it.

Best,

=====
Hans Zaunere