[nycphp-announce] special at nyphp: Web Performance for PHP Developers

New York PHP hostmaster at nyphp.com
Wed Jun 10 12:29:52 EDT 2009

New York PHP Managing Member Hans Zaunere and Member Gennady Feldman will be
presenting to the Web Performance Meetup on June 16th (next week).  Topic
details are below and RSVP (required) is available at the Web Performance
meeting site.

Meetup main site:
	http://www.meetup.com/Web-Performance-NY/

Registration:
	http://www.meetup.com/Web-Performance-NY/calendar/10172278/

PHP + DB, Hans Zaunere
All modern web sites require persistent data storage and manipulation.  New
York PHP Managing Member Hans Zaunere will review common bottlenecks and
best practices for keeping PHP and the database speedy and reliable.
Although we'll talk specifically on MySQL, we'll also learn how these
concepts are relevant for any database and the roll memcached has in keeping
your web sites flying.

PHP code profiling using XDebug, Gennady Feldman
Xdebug is a very powerful PHP extension that should be in the toolbox of any
PHP developer. In this quick presentation we will do a quick introduction
into some of the things Xdebug is capable of and what it can do for you.
We'll cover a number of Xdebug features like remote debugging and code
profiling. Forget those print and echo statements as your debugging aids.
Gennady will share some tips and tricks (time permitting) of how to be a
more efficient and productive PHP developer.

Front-end performance testing and optimizations, Sergey Chernyshev
PHP code is executed on the server, but site performance is usually affected
by many other factors as well and many of them are related to front end of
your applications.  Sergey Chernyshev, organizer of New York Web Performance
Meetup will talk about ways PHP web-developers can measure their web
application performance and what they can optimize to get good results
quickly.  He'll show how to see your bottlenecks and how to use browser
cache effectively and how this affects your PHP code.

Registration is required. For full details and to register visit the meetup
site:

http://www.meetup.com/Web-Performance-NY/calendar/10172278/

---
New York PHP Users Group Community