[joomla] E-mail aware modules

William Barnett booksmartbilly at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:02:25 EST 2005

Greetings NYPHP Joomla SIG...

...from OINK-PUG (http://oink-pug.org/). I am busy switching our site
over to Joomla and wish to learn more about Joomla modules in
particular. For instructional purposes I have begun work on
"mod_contact_us"
(http://developer.joomla.org/sf/sfmain/do/viewProject/projects.mod_contact_us)
to gain insight to the module development process.

Currently, I'm looking into the best method to gain access to e-mail
features. I'm leaning toward the PEAR "Mail" package but I would like
to survey other e-mail aware Joomla modules (if they exist). Thus I
would appreciate hearing from anyone involved in the development of,
or who knows of the existance of any Joomla modules that make use of
e-mail.

Thanks for your time and for setting the bar so high! NYPHP rocks!

Regards,

Bill Barnett