[joomla] E-mail aware modules

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 17:09:23 EST 2005

On 12/5/05, William Barnett <booksmartbilly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently, I'm looking into the best method to gain access to e-mail
> features. I'm leaning toward the PEAR "Mail" package but I would like
> to survey other e-mail aware Joomla modules (if they exist). Thus I
> would appreciate hearing from anyone involved in the development of,
> or who knows of the existance of any Joomla modules that make use of
> e-mail.

Hey BIll,

Joomla! 1.0.x makes use of PHPMailer, which most likely will do
whatever you need it to do. I'm generating the API reference
documentation right now, and will put it up on the Joomla! website
(somewhere) when it is done.

For an example, take a look at com_contact, as that is a class that
also calls PHPMailer to send an email message.

--
Mitch Pirtle
Joomla! Core Developer