[mambo] Shop again

inforequest hc1vdt402 at sneakemail.com
Fri Mar 11 22:12:53 EST 2005

Chris Hendry chris.hendry-at-nyphp.org |nyphp mambo list 022005| wrote:

>Well, I was hoping someone (aka Mitch) - might chime in with a solution to
>this.  I've looked over the forums on this one before and haven't seen any
>true solutions to moving Mambo in and out of SSL.
>
>As I was thinking about it today, a solution would be to make the 'HTTP'
>part of the $mosConfig_live_site separate, so it could change
>accordingly...I thought of other crazy hacks, like putting the logic in the
>config file (which would obviously get overwritten - or maybe putting it
>right after the config is included)...
>
>Because, and excuse me, because often my brain does not work well, won't a
>BASE of HTTP within SSL give us that nasty MS pop-up and non-secure pages
>(ie, no lock)...

Well, since

1. Mitch is not here
and
2.  (Chris' code brain when not working) > (my  code brain under any
conditions)

I'll disclaim by saying I was answering only this part:
"might there be an repercussions from
changing that absolute link to relative?"

After that, wouldn't

<base href="{if
$request_type==SSL}{$HTTPS_SERVER}{else}{$HTTP_SERVER}{/if}{$YOUR_DIR}">

take care of it?