[mambo] MySQL username/password problem on Mac.

inforequest hc1vdt402 at sneakemail.com
Fri Mar 18 19:11:06 EST 2005

Sorry I can't post more helpful info, but this has happened to me
several times on different boxes with different Mambos since version 4.
No obvious explanation, but a fresh install sometimes won't recognize
the root pw assigned. After a whle I just accepted the fact that with
Mambo I should never specify a pw on install, accept the random one, log
in, and change the pw.

I was never able to fix the issue, even with a re-install, unless I went
into MySQL and added an MD5(pw) manually.