[mambo] Re: mambo Digest, Vol 2, Issue 13

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 12:25:17 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:05:03 -0500, Norman O'Neil <norman.on at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like the old functionality of the Module in content bot that
> was written for 4.5 1.0.9. This allowed you to call a module into
> content by its title like {modulebot module=sumoduletitle right}. The
> current capability of calling a template position into content while
> nice doesn't allow me to randomly call in different modules which I use
> to call in ads.

Then I would call that a downgrade ;-)

I have two approaches for this one, the first simply defining whatever
module positions I want, and assigning the different modules to each
of those positions. You can then set each module to load or not load
depending on the position AND section/category.

If this is all about banner ads - have you looked at phpAds and the
phpAdsNew Mambo module? That ad server's feature list is
mind-boggling, and certainly looks like a viable candidate for you.

I'd like to know anyone's experiences with that setup, as I haven't
had time to try it myself.

-- Mitch