[mambo] Howto? Backup the files before editing in Mambo.

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:16:52 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:00:42 -0500, leam at reuel.net <leam at reuel.net> wrote:

> Yes, it's a rather largish deal. Remember, we want our clients to be able to do the day-to-day stuff while we do the real glitzy admin thingies. So if my client is going to put a bunch of stuff into the database I'd love for them to have a button that says "back up database and site" before they start on things. *I* can do it by hand in a variety of ways, but my client base, if it ever grows, might not be as phpAdmin savvy as we'd like. They may whack the entire thing and then ask me to recover it.

There are projects on mamboforge that provide this, I'd look into that
then. As 4.5 is in stable, we can't really introduce any new features
unless we are forced to due to technical issues, bugs or security
problems. So we cannot add any of this to the core until 5.0, but
there are projects on mamboforge that do this, and should be easy to
install.

> I'd rather *not* think about them having access to phpMyadmin, thank you...

LOL

-- Mitch