[joomla] joomla Digest, Vol 13, Issue 2

Norman ONeil norman at enorm2.com
Thu Feb 2 16:15:12 EST 2006

You could also try phplist if you want a challenge, the other pay for
one is put out by http://www.phil-taylor.com and is called mos/jos
listmessenger. The latter one is integrated into joomla quite nicely,
but still missing bounce processing.

The others, while all fine efforts are somewhat confusing in set-up
and architecture, but they all work quite well.
On Feb 2, 2006, at 12:55 PM, Zachary Fuller wrote:

> Consider me a right brainer, but I didn't like either Letterman, or
> Yanc, or MaMML.  Letterman seemed very simple and might work fine
> for simple functions.  MaMML is really based off YaNC, and they
> were so dang confusing. I wasn't sure what to put where, and when I
> did, it didn't seem to be working.
>
> Seemed like a very convoluted way to make a newsletter component.
> Again, I'm no PHP guy, but logical work flow is important.  I went
> with DADA Mail, which is written in Perl, and doesn't merge user
> database with Joomla, but it's clean, and delivers outstanding HTML
> newsletters from web pages.
>
> Joel
>

> On Feb 2, 2006, at 9:00 AM, joomla-request at lists.nyphp.org wrote:
>
>>> Fellow Joomla!'ers,
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a recommendation for a Newsletter component?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Bret
>>>

>> YANC works fine.
>> you need to install some mambots.