[joomla] mosListMessenger

Graham Spice graham at nuthinwerked.com
Sat Feb 4 15:51:43 EST 2006

I have a working HTML email template that mirrors the site of
GretchenPeters.com which she uses to send her newsletters. It works very
well and the client is thrilled. Unfortunately, moLM doesn't store an
publicly-available archive of the mailing but you can just copy and
paste it into a new content item for public archiving.

I seem to remember having difficulty with mosLM's built-in WYSIWYG
editor. It may have been because the client was on a Mac. Hopefully this
has changed with the new version - it would be great for it to use
Joomla's default mambot editor.

I am hoping that mosLM will to take advantage of the new hooks in
upcoming Joomla API for user registration so that you don't have to
modify core files to achieve this. Perhaps it could use a similar
approach to upcoming LDAP mambot. I've also seen a similar user mambot
from the phpBB team here:

    * http://www.joomlastuff.org/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,40/page,viewforum/f,25/

Cheers-
Graham