[joomla] mosListMessenger

Zachary Fuller plebe at plebeian.org
Sat Feb 4 16:05:10 EST 2006

Hey Graham,

> Unfortunately, moLM doesn't store an publicly-available archive of
> the mailing but you can just copy and paste it into a new content
> item for public archiving.

Actually, I just purchased it, and it does!  Phil sent me this example:
>> You can link to the public archive of all sent newsletters using a
>> crafted url like
>>
>> http://www.phil-taylor.com/index.php?option=com_lm&task=archive
>>
>> for example
>> Phil.

> I seem to remember having difficulty with mosLM's built-in WYSIWYG
> editor. It may have been because the client was on a Mac. Hopefully
> this has changed with the new version - it would be great for it to
> use Joomla's default mambot editor.

I'm using mosCE and it seems to work fine.  You do have to specify in
mosCE to use absolute URLs and also let the editor use the tags and
elements you want, but mosCE makes that easy.  Just enter any tag and
element you want to go with it so it won't "wipe out" your code on save.
  ie.  form[class|style|action|method],input[class|style|type|name|
value|size|checked],select[class|style|name],option[class|style|value]

> I am hoping that mosLM will to take advantage of the new hooks in
> upcoming Joomla API for user registration so that you don't have to
> modify core files to achieve this. Perhaps it could use a similar
> approach to upcoming LDAP mambot. I've also seen a similar user
> mambot from the phpBB team here:
> http://www.joomlastuff.org/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,40/
> page,viewforum/f,25/

There is the user integration with mosListMessenger that PHil
mentioned in the last post to you.  I've downloaded it, but haven't
installed it yet. Yes, LDAP would be nice for future connect to
existing servers.

Joel