[joomla] General question about using Joomla users table to authenticate non-Joomla sites

Rasheq Rahman rasheq.rahman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 10:43:32 EST 2006

Hi:

I'd like  to use the username and password from the Joomla jos_users table
to authenticate visitors to other sites not within the framework. Ideally,
I'd like to have users login to my Joomla-powered site and then store their
login credentials in a cookie. When they surf to a protected non-Joomla site
in the same domain, the other site will read the login details from the
jos_users table and compare them to the cookie. Is there any easy and secure
way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Rasheq Rahman
rasheq.rahman at gmail.com