[joomla] Dev issues

Gary Mort bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Tue Aug 14 17:07:26 EDT 2007

One thing I'm finding increasingly frustrating with Joomla is the lack
of documentation on how to code for Joomla.

I spend half an hour hunting through the Joomla site, and then I
remember that Joomla(ver 1.0.x) is a fork of Mambo - so most of the
documentation is on Mambo, not Joomla.

Though even there, documentation seems pretty sparse at times.

Am I missing the obvious or is there just no good Joomla dev docs?
(This does appear to be rectified with 1.5, but I just started with
Joomla and I had a few must have components that weren't even going to
try to make 1.5 versions untill the API got finalized.  Justifiably
since they had spent time working towards one API that was scrapped.)

Right now, I'm not even bothering to look at 1.5 untill it reaches
maturity and is out for while.  It has a lot of gee whiz features I
like, but I don't want to be the one to find the bugs on production
client sites.