[joomla] Module display conditional

Gary Mort bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Fri Aug 17 02:45:39 EDT 2007

OK, here is something driving me crazy:
I can set a Module to only be displayed on 3 menus.

That works fine.

I can also have a module that shows the latest X.  For example, the
latest news articles.

That works fine.

The problem is when I have a module that should be displayed on certain
menus, take the Joomla SIG for example.  And I have another module that
displays quick links to deeper content, say the list of Polls on my website.

If you click on the list of polls on the right, it takes you to the item
- but it also leaves the module display in the same place it was before
you clicked, it doesn't change to the Joomla SIG display options.

So, what am I missing?