[joomla] Module display conditional

kirill at hostnetservices.com kirill at hostnetservices.com
Fri Aug 17 03:15:47 EDT 2007

Since you associated the Modules to a menu, when you click on the Module
Item there is no effect to the Menu structure, I had a similar issue and
had to hack the Module to make menu changes as well.

Kirill

Gary Mort <bz-gmort at beezifies.com>
Sent by: joomla-bounces at lists.nyphp.org
08/17/2007 02:45 AM
Please respond to
"NYPHP SIG: Joomla" <joomla at lists.nyphp.org>

NYPHP SIG: Joomla <joomla at lists.nyphp.org>
cc

Subject
[joomla] Module display conditional

OK, here is something driving me crazy:
I can set a Module to only be displayed on 3 menus.

That works fine.

I can also have a module that shows the latest X.  For example, the
latest news articles.

That works fine.

The problem is when I have a module that should be displayed on certain
menus, take the Joomla SIG for example.  And I have another module that
displays quick links to deeper content, say the list of Polls on my
website.

If you click on the list of polls on the right, it takes you to the item
- but it also leaves the module display in the same place it was before
you clicked, it doesn't change to the Joomla SIG display options.

So, what am I missing?