[joomla] Speaking of SEF

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 21:50:49 EDT 2007

On 8/17/07, Gary Mort <bz-gmort at beezifies.com> wrote:
> (Ok Mitch, feel free to tell me how in 1.5 all these sort of functions
> are built right into Joomla...  though I seem to recall reading some
> threads a few months back and they still seemed stuck on using user
> meaningless but unique data.  The idea of having just a simple field
> where someone can enter what they think the shortname for the item
> should be seemed to be foreign to them.   Actually, my impression is
> that with Joomla most of the developers seem fixated on making processes
> which are automated without user intervention.  Good as a general
> design, but why make it as the only option?)

Hey Gary, I just wanted to tell me how in 1.5 all these sort of
functions are built right into Joomla...

*rimshot*

Ok seriously - even in the 1.0 series there are SEF extensions that
provide the means for you to define an arbitrary URL scheme that gets
translated into internal gobbledygook (index.php?blah=1&foo=bar)...

I don't understand what you're missing, or what you're trying to do
that these cannot accomplish. Am I missing something?

-- Mitch