[joomla] site development

Donna Marie Vincent donnamarievincent at
Fri Dec 14 16:51:10 EST 2007

I should clarify this -- when I say the "same server" I don't mean necessarily mean under the same hosting account.  Sometimes I will setup a hosting account at the same host with the same type of plan.

----- Original Message ----
From: Donna Marie Vincent <donnamarievincent at>
To: NYPHP SIG: Joomla <joomla at>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 4:12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [joomla] site development

I insist on developing on the same server where the live site is going to be, because I've had problems with things not functioning the same way on different server setups.   Not so much with the commercial shared hosts, but webservers that are maintained and supported inhouse by the client's tech team or tech consultant.