[joomla] Make pdf to display Chinese, how?

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at
Thu Dec 27 10:58:52 EST 2007

On Dec 22, 2007 11:54 PM, Shelley Shyan <skylarkbj at> wrote:
> Hi all,
> All my articles's contents are Chinese.
> But when you click pdf icon, no Chinese is correctly displayed!
> Can somebody be kind enough to tell how I can make them displayed correctly?

I'm assuming you're using Joomla 1.0, which isn't UTF-8 aware. That
was the main impetus which caused Joomla 1.5 to happen, which is UTF-8
native under the hood. Give 1.5 a shot (Release Candidate 4 is the
most curent release) and let us know if that solves your problem.

-- Mitch