[joomla] Make pdf to display Chinese, how?

Shelley Shyan skylarkbj at 163.com
Thu Dec 27 21:22:18 EST 2007

Hi Mitch,

Thank you very much for your reply. :)

Actually, I am using Joomla RC4.

The web page shows the Chinese very well.
But in pdf, all the Chinese Characters are meaningless rectangles.

Really fructrating... :(

Could you please give me some help?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Shelley Shyan

在2007-12-27,"Mitch Pirtle" <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com> 写道:

On Dec 22, 2007 11:54 PM, Shelley Shyan <skylarkbj at 163.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> All my articles's contents are Chinese.
> But when you click pdf icon, no Chinese is correctly displayed!
>
> Can somebody be kind enough to tell how I can make them displayed correctly?

I'm assuming you're using Joomla 1.0, which isn't UTF-8 aware. That
was the main impetus which caused Joomla 1.5 to happen, which is UTF-8
native under the hood. Give 1.5 a shot (Release Candidate 4 is the
most curent release) and let us know if that solves your problem.

-- Mitch