[joomla] Trying to get "From Scratch" template to have a menu like SolarFlare's template Main Menu

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 12:10:17 EST 2007

On 1/4/07, WP1 <wpage1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for responding Mitch!
>
> My problem is, I cannot figure out what code in the CSS should be
> written to affect this type of menu.  I understand enough CSS to write
> the code but I am having a disconnect with which class/id affects this
> type of menu.  Maybe I will just try a cut and paste CSS from the
> SolarFlare template that has a similar menu in the template.  I might
> be able to use it as an example.  Will post the results here.

One option for you is self experimentation, which is my favorite way
to figure something out. Create a blank index.php page for your
template, and only have the base XHTML to start with. Then, add the
PHP code for Joomla to render the one module position that has your
menu in it - and nothing more. Then you can write a simple CSS file
that works specifically with that markup.

Sounds simplistic, but if you are trying to figure out something that
doesn't make sense, I've learned that making things as painfully
simple as possible speeds up the understanding ;-)

-- Mitch