[joomla] JEvents Calendar Question

forest compustretch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 17:18:58 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick and I think easy question about linking to a calendar module.
We're using JEvents with the Events Component linked to mos_mainbody and the
JEvents Module linked on the side navigation. Whenever this page loads, the
Component part doesn't actually display anything until the user clicks some
day in the Calendar Module, ie the main content area always loads blank.
Once the user clicks a date in the module, the Component calendar loads up
nices with its own navigation (view by day/week/month/etc.)

My question is how to set it so when the user first lands on the page, the
Component displays content (either the whole month or the current day.) It
seems funny that the Component would load blank, but after checking all the
configurations I can't see what is making it do that. If anyone has any
ideas, I'd be very grateful.

(PS/btw- we are using ExtCalendar for a different site, but this one we want
to stick with Jevents so events can be added via the admin interface.

TIA,

Frest
Compustretch at gmail.com