[joomla] IE6 & Vista --> was Paypal Developer Da

bz-gmort at beezifies.com bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Mon Nov 5 14:03:29 EST 2007

Donna Marie Vincent wrote:
> I have been considering a Mac for the first time because I really don't
> want to go with Vista, but I'm concerned about the learning curve.  I've
> been using Windows since v3.1 (1993).  Can an old dog learn Mac without
> losing productivity?

If I had a large budget to blow on a new system, it would be a macbook.

With the new systems, you can boot XP, you can boot Vista, you can boot
Mac, and you can boot Linux.

So you don't need to learn any new tricks, you can start off with dual
boot into XP and try out the Mac as you have time.

The biggest benefit I see is with a Mac, you have the ability to test
browsers from all 3 operating systems(Windows, Mac, and Linux) on one
platform.

That said, I didn't have the budget for a Macbook, so I went with a
refurb Dell and have been cursing Vista every since.