[joomla] Postgres

bz-gmort at beezifies.com bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Mon Nov 12 13:12:51 EST 2007

Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> On 11/9/07, Anthony Ferrara <ircmaxell at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Good Luck... That's all I will say... there is a lot
>> of non-standard SQL going on, so you would need to
>> hunt down every query and test it for functionality
>> (and proper result) before declaring it functional...
>
> http://www.linux.com/articles/50645

I'm not so much concerned about making all the components work, a
functional postgres.php library to use in place of mysql.php and
mysqli.php and and a working content component.

I'm just not at all familiar with postgres and am not sure if it's
possible to translate mysql.php for postgres (from a brief glance, the
last_insert_id function can be emulated with later versions of postgres
with a slightly different function.  Not sure if there are any other
gotcha's in there)