[joomla] Postgres

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:37:08 EST 2007

On 11/12/07, bz-gmort at beezifies.com <bz-gmort at beezifies.com> wrote:

> I'm not so much concerned about making all the components work, a
> functional postgres.php library to use in place of mysql.php and
> mysqli.php and and a working content component.
>
> I'm just not at all familiar with postgres and am not sure if it's
> possible to translate mysql.php for postgres (from a brief glance, the
> last_insert_id function can be emulated with later versions of postgres
> with a slightly different function.  Not sure if there are any other
> gotcha's in there)

I would rather advocate PDO support instead. I know that we've had
Joomla running on PostgreSQL before, as well as M$ SQL Server. So it
definitely is possible, however it would be easiest to maintain going
forward if PDO was used (as opposed to a native extension for each
backend).

I started a PDO project and simply ran out of steam while coaching
youth soccer, taking on a new project, and now moving ;-)

-- Mitch