[joomla] Template structure

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:59:50 EST 2007

On 11/13/07, masimko at optonline.net <masimko at optonline.net> wrote:
> I'm looking through the documentation, and I've noticed that the template
> structures I've looked at so far are using tables for placement of modules.
> While I realize that this is by far the simplest method of insuring
> placement across browsers because of differences in rendering of css, I know
> it is deprecated for xhtml.
>
> I considered putting together my own template that uses div tags and css
> blocks, it looks to me like the mosLoadModules functions relies upon table
> cells for its output.
>
> Am I correct that all workable templates are structured with tables?

Nope - check out RocketTheme and their GPL template (I forget the
name). It was advertised as XHTML valid and no tables for layout, and
it should be a good example.

A good friend of mine has produced some stunning templates based on
1.5, and I'm thinking of asking him to release a basic (blank)
template for the rest of us to have a good starting point - as his
work included compliance with Dutch accessibility requirements and
also has some pretty astonishing results regarding pagerank and such
as a result...

-- Mitch