[joomla] Some newbie type questions

masimko at optonline.net masimko at optonline.net
Tue Nov 13 16:32:40 EST 2007

I'm looking to move my first website over to Joomla. I have several sites that present a similar problem to me.These sites have info that I pull from mysql tables, and present in html tables. These tables are constructed from php include files. I have html admin pages, or phpmysqladmin, that I can use to manipulate the data in the database.I'd like to be able to continue to present these tables, pulled from mysql by query. I have looked, but haven't seen anything jumping out at me that looks like it is going to do what I want, so I am assuming that I'll have to modify the current php include files so that they behave as modules.I know that one page, that has been in stalled development for a while for various reasons, will need to pull from about 15 mysql table. That's what it took to get to 3rd normal form.As you can see, I'd be helped  by any tools that are already out there that would work for this. If there isn't anything, I could use some guidance on where to look to learn how to componentize php code.Thanks,Mark Simko