[joomla] modules in mulitple positions

bz-gmort at beezifies.com bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Sat Oct 6 11:58:26 EDT 2007

Rolan Yang wrote:
>> bz-gmort at beezifies.com wrote:
> What I ended up doing was duplicating the module like so:
>
> went into the /modules directory
> cp mod_search.php mod_search2.php
> cp mod_search.xml mod_search2.xml

Why not just go to Site Modules in the Admin, click the checkbox next to
the modules, and then click "copy".

Than you will have 2 modules you can position and configure
independently of each other that use the same code.  You can even
configure them seperately(for example, a module that displays the latest
articles can be configured in one instance to show 3 articles and
another to show 10)