[joomla] Rackspace

bz-gmort at beezifies.com bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Tue Oct 9 12:50:43 EDT 2007

> Gary, this is in fact where we met - I can get you in touch with Alex if
> you'd like (http://www.pilosoft.com).

Ahh, cool.

Right now it's more a question of finding out what is around.

Basically, I have to get in a dense urban mindset.  Out in suburbia, the
idea of owning my own server and doing remote maintenance is just a
royal PITA.  Especially as the uptime I require is a lot lower than
industry standard(it's non mission critical).  This means I can cheap
out on the hardware and still be fine.  The downside of cheaping out on
the hardware is, of course, dealing with hardware failures.  Remotely
this would be a pain, but in a place like NYC, it's a simple matter to
swing by, pick up an HD, swap the drives, and done.

So now I want to get an idea of what the costs associated are to
consider whether or not I want to go that route(yeah yeah, wasn't I just
complaining last month about the headaches of setting this up?  But now
I'm looking at AIM bots again and I'm reminded that having a system with
large HD capacity and the ability to run daemons has it's plusses)