[joomla] Rackspace

Rolan Yang rolan at omnistep.com
Tue Oct 9 13:11:39 EDT 2007

Check out the dedicated server specials at layeredtech.com
At ($49/mo) it's possibly cheaper than a colo and you don't have to
spend money for the hardware.
I think if you pay one year in advance, there is an additional discount.
I've had a mail server hosted there for the past 2 1/2 years without any
problems.

If you want to run your own server, but are not a fanatical security
sysadmin, theplanet.com (formerly ev1servers.net, which was formerly
rackshack.net) is a little bit more expensive, but they employ Tipping
Point firewall, which, interestingly blocks application level attacks
such as PHP include exploits, SQL injections, and other common
vulnerabilities in popular apps such as PhpBB. I would not count on it
to fully block all "0-day" exploits, but you might sleep better knowing
that if you don't have time to immediately update PHPBB,  your machine
less likely to get hacked overnight :)

~Rolan