[joomla] JoomlaDayEast and nagging session redirect question

bz-gmort at beezifies.com bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Mon Oct 15 19:31:53 EDT 2007

Compustretch NewYork wrote:
> Funny thing is, no one there was able to figure out the one question I
> had, involving Joomla php sessions and browser redirects. I have a
> number of Joomla 1.0.12 sites up and running and they all work fine,
> except for one of them. This one keeps generating browser errors. In
> Firefox it says it detected an infinite redirect ("in a way that can
> never be completed") while in Opera, it just says its been redirected
> and you have to click the redirect link that Opera generates.

Sounds like:
1) Your site name and the server name don't match and a cookie isn't
getting set properly.

2) Your htaccess file is mucked up from heck and needs to be reset

3) You've got a mucked up CB config

4) You have a mucked up artiosef(or some other sef) config.  I recall
when I moved a system with artiosef installed, I had to reconfigure it
manually in order to get it working since it pointed to some old configs/

Kind of hard to tell which, if any, of these it is just from a problem
description though.