[joomla] Sphinx search

bz-gmort at beezifies.com bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Sat Sep 22 14:11:47 EDT 2007

Anthony Ferrara wrote:
> when you say headache of running a linux server, what
> are you referring to?

Making sure it is secure, periodically checking logs or whatever your
preferred method to track security incursions, installing and
configuring a web server, installing PHP & Perl along with a basic web
server configuration.

It's not so much time consuming, once your doing it, as time consuming
to get your head(or at least my head) into the mode of remembering all
this stuff, building a baseline system, yadda yadda yadda.

Or to put it another way, I'm feeling lazy.  Given a choice for my
personal projects between coding and admin, I'll do coding these
days(I've had a third cell line not in use much(kids line) and unlimited
messeging for the past few months I'm just itching to hook up and fiddle
with Kannel and Mbuni(SMS and MMS messaging from your computer using a
cell phone)

But sitting down to work out the web server setting involved to properly
connect up to kannel just pushes the project lower and lower.