[joomla] Joomla questions

Andrew Markushin scullion at web.de
Tue Apr 22 16:40:02 EDT 2008

> Ok, seriously now. Here's a good place to start looking:
>     http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,listcats/cat_id,1790/Itemid,35/

Thanks, Mitch. Most of these extensions are commercial, the rest do not
support version 1.5 (and I'd like to try this one out). Besides, if I
understood correctly, these extensions allow to manage multiple sites
from one backend, which is not my case. I might be wrong, but I've got a
feeling that having a separate installation for each of my three sites
(which are very alike, like I mentioned) is an overkill.

A thought about a nasty cheat just crossed my mind: I could create a
separate menu for each site, which would only be visible if "in itself",
and a non-joomla welcome page (which I need anyway). From that page, I
could redirect visitors to the "Homes" of the corresponding menus
depending on the requested URL. Since Joomla is installed in a
subdirectory, no 'index.php' clashes will occur.

I know it's quite a special case anyway, and my cheat is not even
Joomla-related, but still, what do you think?

--
Andrew