[joomla] Web conferencing or video recording for Joomla NYC presentations

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 08:43:00 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 8:01 AM, David A. Roth <davidalanroth at gmail.com> wrote:

> I like the web conferencing idea! If it isn't doable, at least for now, I
> think it would be very helpful to have the presentations recorded on video
> and made available to be streamed in an archive. Of course, with the
> permission of the presenter.

I'd much prefer that over passing around my presentations. A LOT of
what I say and cover when presenting is not in the slides, and the
slides are usually just reminders for me to cover certain topics. So
my presentation slides on their own have little value, despite
everyone always asking for them.

I've seen mashups where you see the video of the presenter on one side
of the screen, and the slides on the other. Would love to figure out
how that is done.

-- Mitch